Yesterday
October 19, 2008,
was Cory's and I's 7th year Wedding Anniversary. Since we both decided that the Phantom of the Opera was going to be our gift to each other this year, we decided to spend this past weekend...ummm, hunting/camping. I know, I think I'm a good wife too! he he
Anyway I've seen these tributes to a spouse on blogs and I decided I'd go though our pictures and have some fun with this. But I am going to highlight something I've learned from this awesome man of mine each year...
2002: Cory taught me that if I should fall off the newly purchased dirt bike to get it up and on it before it floods... oh and the importance of loving those around us wither we agree with what they choose to be or act.
2003: Cory taught me he was here with me through anything. We moved to California this year and had only each other to depend on. Great strength, but don't take it for granted.
2004: Cory taught me the love and sacrifice live gives and takes.
2005: Cory taught me hope this year. A great lesson to learn, normally not the easiest, but one that can conquer Mountains in life.
2006: Cory taught me Faith, we got a family this year. Many ups and downs, teaching me faith in large things, and little things, but most of all he had faith in me becoming a mother.
2007: Cory taught me laughter. We had a great time laughing this year. I remember him doing odd, like really odd things to make me laugh, just to see me smile. And this was by far the best year... Mitchel was sealed to us for all Eternity. Celebrated with family, friends and so many loved ones. Our lives, my life has been so richly blessed by the two wonderful men in my life.
Like come on this was a "Romantic" outing at a themed hotel and my night in armor saved me from the "WILD" Croc!!
2008: This year I was taught by my love, to stop and enjoy the moment. Enjoy what I have, enjoy what I'm doing today, enjoy Mitchel, enjoy him, enjoy this... Yes to Enjoy This.
Cory is an amazing man. Full of everything that I needed to make it through this life smiling. He is my best friend. There could be no one better for me than him. His love for our family is overwhelming at times. I love how the Lord puts us with people that complement us, when I'm strong he has a hard time, when I'm struggling he is there for me like a Mountain. Thank you for loving me, for loving Mitchel and for teaching me more than words can say so far in life. I can't wait for the years to come and as you would say
"To grow old with you is a privilege!"
Cory is an amazing man. Full of everything that I needed to make it through this life smiling. He is my best friend. There could be no one better for me than him. His love for our family is overwhelming at times. I love how the Lord puts us with people that complement us, when I'm strong he has a hard time, when I'm struggling he is there for me like a Mountain. Thank you for loving me, for loving Mitchel and for teaching me more than words can say so far in life. I can't wait for the years to come and as you would say"To grow old with you is a privilege!"
4 comments:
Make me cry! What a beautiful tribute to such a good guy. The love you have for him, and he shares with you is amazing. Congrats on 7 wonderful years!
Thanks Ash. You were so sweet to remember our day!!
That was a beautiful post! Truly inspiring in a world that does not take marriage serious anymore. Congratulations on a wonderful relationship and a wonderful family you two! We love you!
That was such an awesome post, Kristen. I hope Cory has read it. He is a very blessed man and you make such a beautiful family! Happy anniversary to you both!
Hugs! Rick & JL
Post a Comment