Friday, December 5, 2008

Rain drops on Roses &.......

The other day I was having one of those days of NOTHING working, running around with your head cut off and seeing only the darkness in the day. I am sure that everyone has had one or two of these. You question yourself as a friend, mother, wife, sister, gull pretty much anything you can question yourself on. Anyway on this day there were many things I was thinking about, wondering what was I supposed to be doing, or what was I in the right direction. It was dark by the time Mitchel and I got home. I got Mitchel out of the car and we were walking to the door. I was thinking about everything and trying to herd Mitchel inside because it was cold out when I noticed he wasn't beside me. So I turned around to see where he was and I see him so softly smelling this beautiful rose that is in our front yard by the door. He then comes and takes my hand and wants me to smell the rose. Touched my his softness and sincerity I get down at his level and we smell the beautiful rose that is blooming it's fullest in December of all months. He wraps one arm around me and gives me the biggest kiss he could of mustered.
Then the thought hits me, Oh yes, THIS is what it's all about. We are on the straight and narrow and this is the best years of our lives. Mitchel is such an amazing little boy with a captivating spirit. How privileged am I to be his mom!
Just wanted to share, and so I had to run inside to grab my camera and take a picture of "OUR" December Rose, isn't it amazing?!

4 comments:

LollyGirl said...

HOW sweet. aren't they amazing little creatures? (who can bring about the most intense emotions--for better or worse).

did you get the silent christmas email? I sent it to your gmail account. let me know if it works or i can still mail you the hard copy.

Ashley said...

I just love that boy. He truly is such a sweet spirit. I am glad he was able to uplift your spirits and help you see the light.

Aida said...

Wow, Mitchel sounds like he has a sweet spirit about him. How special. I loved that story. Thanks for sharing.

tsmortensen said...

Mitchel truly is amazing! I was just looking at those pics of Mitchel and Jed together and thinking what a sweetheart he is. Thanks for sharring that story.