Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A "Princess" in our house??

No, Mitchel isn't dating and there are no beautiful girl cousins visiting. But this Princess did know how to make an entrance and a headache for the one dealing directly with her. Sound familiar to anyone.... If you know me, you know I am totally orderly and CLEAN... Look at my kitchen. Look what this "Princess" did to me.
DISASTER EVERYWHERE....
all for a pretty dress and flowers....But like all Princesses it sure is fun to show the masterpiece to everyone else. I can't believe I made it through. I do truly think Heavenly Father knows me best to just keep Princes around me. One cake Princess was almost the last of me!I crazily volunteered, yes volunteered, to make this "Princess" for our Young Women's In Excellence night tonight. If you see it has all the "Value" colors on her and I do think that she turned out quite pretty, along with a YUMMY cherry chip cake with butter cream frosting and cranberry orange marmalade under that skirt!!! Ahhhhh, she's done, my kitchen's clean and I am taking Mitchel to McDonald's!

13 comments:

Dana M. said...

she's a very pretty princess. want to come make my daughter's birthday cake in June??

tsmortensen said...

Oh My Heck! I can't believe how amazing that cake was! I am totally impressed! And thank heavens for McDonalds!

Belle of the Blues said...

Wow, you've got skills! That is beautiful!

Ashley said...

Ok, Adi's birthday is in a week, and I've been dying to find some good ideas, and was thinking I would just do tinkerbell again because I'm not loving too much right now, but that....by far my favorite. Tell me how I can do this. She will die!!! You did an amazing job!

Diana said...

Turned out great! You really went all out, more than I ever did.

Gayle said...

Holy Crap Kristen! I wouldn't know how to make that if my life depended on it! You are amazing! LOL

Megan B ♥ said...

Ho. Ly. Cow. "Impressed" is a bit mild for what I'm thinking. WOWEE!!

Aida said...

wow you are one talented lady! that cake looks beautiful and sounds delicious

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh! I had NO idea you made cakes, especially cakes like that! You never cease to amaze with your talents and ability to still maintain order and cleanliness.

That is ONE awesome cake!!

Lisa said...

She's beautiful. The YW in your ward are lucky girls.
I LOVE the feeling of a clean kitchen after a constructive disaster. Very picture worthy.

Jojo said...

WOW! That is awesome! I didn't even know that it was a cake until you mentioned it. Great job!

Katie and Paul said...

OH....MY....GOSH....YOU....ARE...AMAZING....CAN...I....GROW....UP...TO...BE...LIKE...YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Teija said...

HOLY COW Kristin, nice job!!