Monday, April 25, 2011

Home Sweet Home

It was so fun to come home and see the house all painted. Since I only got to live in it for about a week before we headed out for almost a month! I had made this wreath our of black beans and hung it on the door, but it looked like it needed some color. So I went searching through my drawers and created this... even to the Welcome sticker on the door. There that looks better!

My mom makes quilts for each of the grand kids and Mitchel finally got his. Which with how beautiful it is it's totally worth the wait. Just look at the grin! I think it's a winner in his books. Thanks Nana it's made with love and a perfect fit!We have had some BEAUTIFUL weather since I got home and some very mischievous smiles to go along with it.... I can out a little wet after this picture :D

My parents left on Sunday and Monday was beautiful so I decided I was going to make a garden after all. Cor and I talked of getting some dirt brought in, but that day I figured the pioneer women didn't get 'fresh' dirt when they planted in all the places they were asked to settle, so I'd do it there way. So I grabbed a shovel, rake and hoe and went to town. Then my awesome hubby figured out a way that we could attach them to the water line so that we could water them without a sprinkler... okay so that's not pioneerish, but we have civilized a little right!! I seriously left for maybe 5 minutes that this is what he'd done. He's one AWESOME guy to have around when there's a job to be done!

No comments: