Thursday, August 11, 2011

Camping Take 3

About 5 miles from Gold Lake is a place called Fraser Falls. We were told from an couple of friends that it's a place we needed to go and see. So after the 3 day fishing fiesta ended we headed out for a hike. It was a beautiful place and Mitchel was REALLY able to practice his rock climbing, jumping, leaping and scaring his mother abilities!That little longerish dot by the tree is Mitchel who decided to go explore.... ....and the paranoid mother sends the dad, which I should know better than that because he's as fascinated with heights and climbing as his son. It did make for a cool picture...zoomed in......not zoomed in! They were out there a ways.Proof that I am in this family too. I spend most of the time behind the camera... It's a pretty comfy place if you ask me! Mitchel climbing still!I need one of these shirts for every size he grows into 'til he's oh, lets say 25! It says "Sorry Girls, Mom says no Dating!"Our kids, 2 furry and 1 studly little man!The Calm before the fallFraser Falls!


Our boy and his observation! I don't have a picture but on our hike back Mitchel and Cory climbed a 10 foot straight up rock face. Once they got to the top they called Degen up and before we new it he ran back then attacked the rock wall like 'Buddy' the Elf did to the Christmas tree on Elf! We couldn't believe it. Then again before we knew it Sophie was doing the same thing. It was the craziest, funniest thing we'd ever seen! Sadly Sophie was a foot short from the top lost a suction cup and bailed to the ground below. Let out one yelp, then shook it off. Mitchel on the other hand was laughing so hard!!! Crazy!! It was a great hike, not too long, paved and ended with a pretty view. All in all the whole week was exactly what we needed. No electronics's (although the toilets on my behalf we muchly missed), no worldly noise, just us, laughing, playing and making memories. Now lets just hope it's not another 4 years to do it again!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love to camp with my family, it's the best. And I agree...I'm ALWAYS behind the camera, and I LIKE it there!!!