Thursday, June 7, 2012

Idot (new) mom moment kicked in....

So we finally decided to venture out and go visit a friend. I had only been to this friends house once before and of course I didn't ask her again exactly where she lived, come on that would of been smart. Since I'm suffering from newborn lack of sleep (mind you I'm happy to be suffering from this, but suffering none the less), I pull up to the house I think is right. I get Mitchel, diaper bag and phone out, walk around the car to get Brennen and think to myself I should just check to see if I'm where I'm supposed to be. So I text my friend and who would of known (if you know me it's no surprise I'm lost) I was at the wrong house. So I throw the diaper bag in close the door and as I'm walking around the back of the car I hear ....'CLICK' and think 'SH*T'. I know not the best word, but I didn't say it I just thought it....Mitchel was right beside me. I quickly tap my back pocket and breath a sigh of relief as I feel my phone back there. Yes, see the lack of sleep kept me from putting my phone away! Analize the situation... baby (just fed another good thing), diaper bag and keys located inside car in strangers driveway...Me, Mitchel and blessed phone located outside car in strangers driveway! Mitchel and I quickly check all door and no such luck. I call Cory and come to determine he's to far, but another good thing is it was a cool day, or I'd would of been busting windows. So I call my friend so loads up her kids and drives to my house (maybe 5 minutes away, another good thing) grabs the extra keys and comes to my rescue. So you're thinking not too bad, I was thinking not to bad, but nope that'd be easy. A Nevada Water worker shows up to do some work on the house and so said stranger of the house comes out all puzzled and I have to explain why I'm in her driveway, with a baby locked in the car and well ya it really wasn't one of my finest moments! Mitchel on the other hand told me he had the muscles to open the car, so he attempted for about a minute, jumped down in defeat and said "That car has killer muscles mom"! Ya, lil'man metal is a hard one to budge!  So I know feel welcomed into the "back to newborn baby mom" club! Thanks, but really let's not repeat this one again....really!

2 comments:

VA Bradshaws said...

I've totally done this before. I didn't even have the newborn excuse. It was at church on a pretty warm day, Matt was sick that day. I called 911 because it was hot, huge fire truck came, police car, and tow truck all in the parking lot right as church was getting out. Oh and it was our second week there. Very embarrassing.

Julie said...

Hi Kristin, this is Julie, Jennifer Schmalle's aunt. I can so relate to this! When Elliott came home, he was just two years old and I had many new mama moments! Such fun to see your new blessing-I'm so incredibly happy for you all!