Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Out in what I call....paradise

We needed a family day and I needed out of this house! I love my house, but I've seen a LOT of it the last little while and I truly missed the great outdoors. So Cory promised me a day off and I'm happy to say he TOTALLY came through (it's a good thing too 'cause I threatened him that he'd be sleeping in the spare bed with the baby monitor for a month if he didn't follow through (you have to understand to say this man is a work addict is an understatement))! So we headed out fishing and hiking!!!!!!

My beautiful family and 4 of us.... saying 4 still makes me giggle!

These boys can do this all day!
The first catch... beautiful brook trout.
Chillin' Brennen style :)
Closer view of the brook trouts colors.

 We parked, loaded up and hiked about 1.5 miles down to this little hidden lake. It. Was. Beautiful. We calculated it that Brennen was in the Ergo for 5 hours, escaping twice to feed and diaper change. I fished, hiked and anything else with him in there and he was a champ! It really was a great day all around
Cory had the awesome idea of bring the walkie-talkie's along and Mitchel thought that was the best thing invented!
I love my boys...they are so perfect for me!
I think that grin puts it nicely!
A Tiger Trout that Mitchel and I pulled out!
When I was fishing I saw a truck come in and looked like it was dumping water into the lake, thought it to be a little weird so I asked Cory. He gets this HUGE grin on his face and informs me that that is not water, but that they are stocking the lake...YA we so changed our fishing spot once they pulled out and that's where the fun began! And it did!
 Cory took out his fly fishing pole. This poor man has had the desire to learn this skill since I met him. He wants it so bad. He's practiced a couple times in the yard....so he figured he'd give it a try here. I asked Mitchel if dad would catch and fish and well his reaction was the picture above :) I'll give it to you hun, you do have determinate, and killer tree catching, casting skills...now just to defer those tree catching to fish catching casting skills. It all comes in strides! hehe
Up close of the Tiger Trout
...but he had a couple moments that it all worked out ;)

Everything we caught was a catch and release. I love that Mitchel is SO hands on and has no fear of a slimy fish. He actually requested that we keep and kill one just for his playing pleasure...a little gross, but hay he likes his fish! We didn't and told him we only kill what we eat. He then insisted he'd eat it later.....but we stuck to the catch and release day! It was just a perfect day. We were all out together pouches included, I have the pealing nose and forehead to go with it and I can tell you that night we ALL slept like, I'd say baby, but I'm reminded they don't sleep that great so I'll say slept like a hibernating bear! Til' the next adventure I CAN NOT wait!

2 comments:

Sofia said...

I think I just spent an hour soaking up all your posts!!! Such a beautiful and happy family!!! Love all the updates!!!!!!

Julie said...

What a wonderful day! Mitchell is getting so big! Blessings to your lovely family of four:)