Sorry no pictures for this just a good story, but I wanted to put it down...actually funny when you read or talk about it later. Funny how anything bad works that way, always has some humor in the end!! So about 3 days before we are supposed to head home, Mitchel starts having a fever, diarrhea & just not feeling good. I look in his poor little mouth and he's working on more teeth...bigger teeth... molars.. Our plane left Idaho later in the evening. I have never traveled this late with him, but thought it would be alright and he'd just sleep through it all...GUESS AGAIN MAMA! So we have two flights we have to take 1st one is about 45 minutes and second one is 1 hour 20 minutes, so not too bad. So back to flight #1.. Mitchel still had a fever so I gave him some medicine before we got on the plane, fussed & couldn't get comfortable and the flight was totally full. We actually left late and we really worried we wouldn't make our connecting flight. So he flipped and flopped and finally fell asleep around 10 before we had to land..NOT GOOD. Once landed normally I do a quick diaper change and get put back together again. Where this time the plane we had to catch was and had been waiting 20 minutes for us already so they asked us to just hurry and get off the plane go inside, go to our gate, have them scan our ticket and get back on the other plane. So pretty much hustle your butt up! Mitchel and I do just that. We get onto the other plane and find our seat in yet another FULL flight. We were SO blessed in the aspect each time we sat beside wonderful people. Nice to know you can still run into them...because we needed one bad!
Okay we are now on flight #2, he's still super fussy and just not feeling good at all. So I get out his little DVD player and plop in Bambi II, his favorite. He watches it for about 35 minutes and then is done. So we put that away, meanwhile he's stretching his body all over and I can tell he's hurting. So he stands on the floor in between my legs when the WORST thing ever happens.......yup if you didn't guess it believe me if you were on that flight you would of smelt it.....DIARRHEA, hits his little system again. All of a sudden I get this acid smell and feel warm down my leg. I reached down to find,with my hands not my eyes, that he had sprung a river and it poured out his diaper and because he was pushed up against my leg from mid chin down was nothing but ACID POOP. So I'm trying to think everything through and then the lights flash and a voice comes on the overhead speakers...."EVERYONE please buckle up and stay in your seats we are hitting really bad turbulence" OH MY CRAP is what I thought... So I couldn't get up. Poo was everywhere the poor guy beside me was trying to sleep, but we all know he was trying not to puke because that is what I was doing... Then all Mitchel wanted was to be in my arms...ummm ya, about that. So I grabbed his little blanket I had, wrapped it around his bottom and sat him on my lap praying that he'd just relax enough to sit still and not want to move. While the prayer worked with his staying sitting on my lap, but it didn't help the smell go away for the rest of the flight. So we land and all I can smell is poo. The poor gentleman, and he was a gentleman who was sitting beside me was so nice. I told him how sorry I was and I had tears in my eyes, he kindly asked me if I had anything up top that he could help me with. I told him no and he said" Okay then I've got to get some air it's pretty strong in here" I DIED. Once the lights came on and everyone was off I get Mitchel and grab the diaper bag off the floor to find a HUGE pile of poo on the floor. So still with tears in my eyes I told the flight attendant about it and asked for some cleaner. She was kind and told me to go and clean up. I know she just couldn't handle the stench that Mitchel and I were carrying.
So we are finally off the plane and on the tarmac with two flights of stairs to go up. We are both now covered in poo from waist down, due to him sitting on my lap, and with him in his stroller there is no one to help us in the elevator so I had to pack him and everything else up and go up the stairs. All I could think was "If Cory's not here to pick us up I am going to sit down in the middle of the airport and cry" Been a long day for me too! So there were a couple of blessing I can see now because Cory was there. As soon as I saw him I couldn't hold it in any longer, the tears just started rolling down my cheeks. He sees me crying. So he's concerned, comes closer to hug me and the catches our stench. YA made him gasp too... Mitchel was so happy to see his daddy that Cory grabs him not remembering how bad it really was. And well Cory being the great husband takes Mitchel, cleans and strips him down while I wait for the luggage! The worst part is all I could smell was POO and I could run from it either! So our luggage is all good and we get to the car fine...drive about 30 minutes and then come to a complete STOP for 30 more minutes due to an accident. Mitchel fell asleep and we talked through the poo smell. But after everything we made it home safe and sound, with a few more memories and stories. But hay isn't that what life is all about. A little crap here and there, but a good laugh afterwards!
2 comments:
Kristen, I loved your story! Life is never dull with kids around, that's for sure!
Wow, don't you love the little stinkers!
Post a Comment