
I AM SO BLESSED! I love this little boy with every, everything I have. He is totally my sunshine in the morning and my angel at night. At time I just can't believe that he is ours and I still hold him tight and shed a tear or two at the miracle of his life with ours!! I'm having a tender moment for him. I think it's because I see how much he has grown and how he is turning into a little man. When we go to church each Sunday, as we walk into Sacrament meeting, every man he sees he insists in shaking their hands & then he shrugs his little shoulders in great satisfaction. Oh and I have to share this story. The other day Mitchel & I were out getting lunch to bring to daddy. We were standing in line and I usually hold him to try and keep him from running all over and bothering people who don't understand a 2 year old and their wiggles. Anyway there was no one in front of me or behind me so I thought I was pretty safe, so I put him down. He stayed pretty close and just kept running from the starting point to the end point, not bothering anyone or being noisy. Then a man comes in behind us. He didn't look happy at ALL. So I quickly snatch Mitchel and ask him to stay right beside me. Of course he told me "NO", because that is all he says, but does obey and stays pretty close. Then all of a sudden I notice him inching away from me. He gets to the mans leg and then gives his leg, mind you, the biggest HUG ever with a soft hmmmmm to go with it. I look at the man who is totally shocked and am preparing to get a great lecture of controlling my child... Mitchel lets go, shrugs his shoulders, waves & tells the man bye and to top it off blows him a kiss. So I'm still intently watching the man to see what is going to transpire and before my eyes I see his entire body soften. He kindly pats Mitchel on the back, looks at me, smiles, and tells me it's alright. YESSSS, that went good! As I am paying Mitchel sneaks from me to give the man one more hug. Then the guy looks at me and says "Well one thing for sure, I know I've been loved today." I replied with.." Yes and it was sincerely too." He shook his head and said to us to have a good day as we left.
Wow did he remind me to love your neighbors and how much some sincere love can do to a person. Here I think I'm the parent when I know that I learn so much from him every day. Like I said... besides my husband, I couldn't of had a bigger, or better blessing come into my life! I love my Mitchel Man so much!
4 comments:
That was the sweetest story! He is such a sweet little boy and I hope we get to come up soon so I can see him and you guys!
Aaww! So cute! We can all definitely learn from his perfect example!
Make me cry! That was such a touching post to read. I love seeing you as a Mother, and Cory as a Father. I think you are wonderful parents, and that I can learn a lot from you both. But you are right, mostly we learn from our children, each and every day. He is such a kindred spirit. So soft and so sweet. Oh how we all love and miss him so much! I can't wait to see him, and don't worry...you and Cory too!
That was a beautiful post. It made me cry! I love Mitchel so much, and I love bieng reminded that children are so innocent and we can learn so much from them. You two are doing a wonderful job with Mitchel and I love you and miss you!
Post a Comment