Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Yes...he does his daddy proud!




We had a lot of fun the other weekend getting the yard into shape and at the end of the day we had our first official 2008 weeny roast. It was awesome. I think that is one of the things I remember the most growing up. Especially the year Mike poured gas on the fire and got trapped in between the HUGE flames & the fence. We were all laughing then....now that I'm a mom I don't think I would be laughing.... Funny how that changes!

So Mitchel has totally done his daddy proud with the fact that he is a little pyro just like him. We had been roasting some dogs and were all back at the pinic table getting our plates loaded up, when I asked Cory where Mitchel was and we both turned around to see him nicely sitting on the camp chair with a long stick of his VERY own poked into the fire. Totally in his little glory! We are just started laughing. He was totally in his little Mitchel land and was perfectly content! Funny how boys are just little boys...

4 comments:

Kayla said...

Sweet! That's awesome that you have your own fire pit in your yard! I'm coming over for a weeny roast too!

tsmortensen said...

Your yard looks fabulous! I think all little boys are pyros! It is a good sign that his brain is working the way it is supposed to. At least that's what I tell myself concerning Reese!

Ashley said...

I love that! We love being outdoors and roasting and all of that! We should do one next weekend weather permitting. Can he get any cuter? No, not Cory... :)

Jschmalle said...

That's awesome! Have you seen our weeny roasters? We have some that were custom made by one of our friends. You can roast 5 dogs at one time. Anyway, I finally got caught up on my blog check it out. Oh and what's your email address, I thought I had it but I can't find it anywhere.