Monday, May 19, 2008

My "Mother's Day" gift to me...





So this year I kind of put a different twist to the normal "Mother's Day". I thought why not actually treat myself and take a little refresher! It all worked out so AWESOME. My bestest friend here and I conspired the plan. In our ward they were having their "Father/Son" camp-out and were going to be gone on the Friday & Saturday before Mother's Day. And since we'd be left at home by our lonelies, we thought, why not skip town. So Ada & I planed, packed and headed out AS SOON AS the father's and kiddies were ready to go. We had a BLAST doing what we wanted when we wanted.... Here was our schedule!
Friday....Got into Portland around 7pm. Checked into our hotel and then went to dinner @ Olive Garden. We were told there would be a 20-30 minute wait, didn't mind...had no kiddies to entertain so it was alright. They gave us our little caller box, waited 5 minutes it went off. Brought it to the hostess and found out it was a error, but were going to seat us anyway! YES. Dinner was awesome and got cheesecake for back at the hotel...awesome too!
Saturday... Got up when we got up. Went to the Flea Market down town Portland. Saw TONES of dogs, went to find the waterfalls/hike and found outlet malls, ANOTHER SCORE, found some BEAUTIFUL falls & hike. Back to hotel to freshin' up then out to a comedy club, which I have NOT laughed that hard in so long. Best abb workout EVER!
Sunday.... woke up when we woke up. Had breakfast and was given a beautiful rose there...and home we came totally refreshed and ready to be Mother's and wives again. It was awesome and I totally recommend a refresher to ever women out there!
Cory said him and Mitchel had an awesome camp-out too. They were dirty and smiling = a perfect weekend for everyone!!

4 comments:

tsmortensen said...

Good for you Kristen! Beautiful pics, I think Tom and I went to that waterfall when we lived in Beaverton. What is the name of it? Anyway glad you had a great time, you deserved it!

Ashley said...

Looks great! We already miss you guys. Adi hasn't stopped saying "muchey!" She was very sad when we were in line to go thru the airport and muchey wasn't coming too. she kept saying his name in a very sad voice, so I had to keep turning around and pointing to where he was. When grandma and grandpa picked us up, she was STILL awake, and they asked how her trip was, and all she could of course say was "muchey!" Anyway, we had a great time, and we miss you already!

Kayla said...

I agree - that is a good gift! All mothers need to do that more often. Next time I need to come too! :)

KWit said...

Funny Ash, Cory and I will just be sitting there and start laughing at the Muchey thing. She is so darn adorable. Mitchel kept crawling into her bed in the office and shrugging his shoulders saying "All Gone, all gone" Then I'd tell him to go and find Adi and he'd search EVERYWHERE talking in his little gabber! I can't believe that Adi was still awake getting off the plane. She needs to sleep a week. Thanks so much for coming...it was AWESOME. I was secretly hoping that you'd not make the flight and HAVE to stay a little longer, but I guess you need to go to work. YUCK! Love you guys and thanks for the visit.

Shana... not sure on what the name of the falls are...and my ever so sharp brain doesn't remember either!