Saturday, July 19, 2008

~Heaven on Earth~

One of the days we decided that we'd all climb into one car and head up to Uncle Cornie's and Aunt Carol's. Our family went here every opportunity us kids could possibly convince our parents we could. I think we all share the same feelings when we say this was "Home away from Home". Pretty much every Easter and Boxing Day we spent here. Finding our Easter Bunnies in the weirdest places, or sometimes melted, eh Paul. One thing for sure Great memories to hold onto even though Aunt Carol is no longer there. What an Angel she was I wish you all could of met her.We were just getting ready to go and I had to run into the house, Mitchel didn't like that and started to cry. So Samantha being so awesome taught Mitchel to suck on his toe. The crying stopped and so much laughing started. Thanks Sam!!
Okay, okay, I haven't driven on country roads for a LONG time and ya hit a HUGE bump/up rooted calvert....going a little fast. Seat belt or not everyone hit their heads on the roof for this one!
HOLD ON GIRLS Sweet Uncle Cornie showing all of the new horses and mini horses they have now...
There were two mini horses that LOVED Mitchel. I don't think they thought he was too intimidating!

We went walking out and around the farm seeing the cows and horses and wouldn't you know what Mitchel just had to plunge into....... a nice, steamy cow pie.Ya, needless to say those shoes didn't make it home.Mitchel really loved the horses. This river runs in front of the house. We used to always tube it in the summers. SO COLD, but hay you are tubing and young so it's all good. Tonia and I thought we'd take another COLD trip down memory lane. Mind you the snow was still melting in area.
We kept losing Mitchel to the Chickens. Aunt Carol would be proud to have him in the family. He loved them though. He kept standing there asking them so nicely to "Come, come" but they never came... Imagine that.


3 comments:

Jschmalle said...

Kristin, I am glad to see that you all made it home safely. I can't wait to hang out. So about those poopy shoes... I can't believe that you, Mrs.Cleanfreak wouldn't want to bring those nasty things home?! Dude, I totally would have done the same thing, YUK! I think I got a job at the Temple cleaning. I will find out for sure monday. Yippee!!!

Ashley said...

looks like good memories and good fun!

tsmortensen said...

Those are going to be some really meaningful pictures for Mitchel later!