Saturday, July 19, 2008

Looking back at what once was HOME...

As you have read in posts before this is the road that we grew up on. It was about an 1/2 hour drive from town. People always said that we lived "out in the boon dogs".
Then I hated it... Now I'd live in the "boon dogs" in a second.
This is the "dirt" road going to our home.
A quick shot of the house I grew up in from birth to 18. Hard seeing it now, but then I choose to stick to the memories I have of our family here, how beautiful mom always had the flowers and that white fence that is now gray...was always white when we lived there. Mom was always so nice to us. She'd hand us a steel brush that we'd get to scrap the old paint off with and then repaint the fence. True love of a parent.
This is where my Dad was born and grew up at. It was at the end of Mapes road a few miles down the road past the school.
OHHHH yes, Indian Pain Brushes. They are oh so good. We even gave Tonia's kids the lessons on these flowers. They have little honey sickles in them that you pull out and suck on.
YUM

The trip is now over and this little man was amazing for all we asked him to do. Truly a trooper. It was so neat to share him with everyone and bring him places of where I did thinks as a child. It really was a great trip we had together. I am so blessed to have him as my little man! Sleep tight!

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Those pictures are awesome! Its fun to see where you grew up and finally see where you've been talking about for so long. I'm glad you had a good trip!

Ashley said...

Those were really fun posts. Good to get all caught up on my little muchie and family again. Hope all is well with you guys! Thanks for sharing some of your childhood memories with us. That was great

tsmortensen said...

Kristen it was great to see all those memories. I agree with the others, thanks for sharring them with us. I am glad you are home and recovering a little now!

Kayla said...

I'm glad you blogged about your trip to Canada. I haven't seen any pictures or anything since my mom got home. Looks like a fun trip.