Monday, December 8, 2008

Mitchel Update!!

We just got back from Mitchel's ENT (ear, nose & throat) Specialist appointment at Children's and I must say they were AWESOME! We got in right when we were supposed to, saw a doctor, then got an x-ray, had a hearing test, and back to the doctor for the final results in less than an hour. It was so pleasant. Mitchel didn't like the idea of the x-ray, and the hearing test he did okay but was getting impatient with it all. I guess he is 2 1/2 after all. From what they saw the doctor thinks it's best for Mitchel to have his Adnoid out and to put tubes in his ears. He said his adnoid was HUGE and that that can cause a lot of the ear infection and speech delay. So it is coming OUT and tubes are going in. We feel really good about it and are hoping this will be another step to helping out little man out. So now we are just waiting for them to call us with an appointment for the surgery, which is a really easy, in & out surgery. I am grateful for that, oh and it has minimal pain! We will let you all know when we know when this will all be happening! Til' then, yet again.... MERRY CHRISTMAS!

5 comments:

Kayla said...

I didn't know Mitchel had any problems - but I'm glad the doctors got it all figured out! I'm worried about Mieley because she still isn't talking much AT ALL and I'm wondering if I need to get her in to see a ENT specialist. You've inspired me. What made you decide to take Mitchel in? What kind of problems was he having? I'm just curious for Mieley's sake?

tsmortensen said...

I hope things go well for Mitchel. Hopefully it will make a difference for him. Let us know when it is scheduled. Love you!

Ashley said...

I am glad that you guys are getting the appropriate help that you need for Mitchel Man. It is nice to get answers isnt it?! Well good luck with the surgery, and keep us posted. Love you guys!

Jschmalle said...

That is great that you finally found someone with some real answers. I'm glad that it feels right too. Good for Mitchel! He will do great. You guys are in our prayers.

Katie and Paul said...

We are so happy that little Mitchel has an answer to his ear infections. It is so hard when you know something is wrong but it takes forever to figure it out. We will keep you and Mitchel in our prayers. We love you guys.