Saturday, January 3, 2009

Mitchel's Update...

Just wanted to let everyone know that Mitchel had his little surgery and is doing rather good. The day of he was pretty groggy, loopy and just wanted me to hold and snuggle him. He did really good drinking so that was a blessing. The doctor said his surgery was great. When they went in to put tubes in his ears there was fluid in there, so another going to be ear infection that is now DEFEATED! So hopefully now we will be able to stay away from those ear infections. As for the adenoid coming out it was supposed to stop the snoring and it has only INCREASED, but I guess we have to give it time to heal and then we'll go from there. Yesterday he kept popping a fever, so I kept a close eye on him and tried to keep him low key. Today was better, but still pretty whinny over EVERYTHING.
One HUGE surprise and reward is he has started say WAY MORE WORDS. He has been saying all these words that he hasn't even attempted before. We are so excited about that. Probably way easier to hear what you are saying when it doesn't sound like you are underwater (the fluid in his eardrum).
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Our little guy is doing good and happy as ever! Love you all and thanks for your love :)

4 comments:

Jschmalle said...

That is really good news! Good job Mitchel Man. I hope you keep getting better ever day. We sure did miss you guys at Logan's B-Day Bash, but we totally understand. I am so glad he is already doing better. Yah for talking, I know how frustrating that was, only blue skies from here!
Love you guys!

Gayle said...

I am so glad everything went well! Very excited that he is doing good and saying more things. Cant wait to see you in a few weeks!

tsmortensen said...

I am so grateful that everything went so well. I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks! It will be so exciting to see Mitchel talking more! What a trooper he is. Happy New Year!

Ashley said...

Man, I am so glad I got my computer back. I hate not knowing what is going on. I am happy to see that things went well. I hope they only continue to get better. I am so glad he is saying more words. Watch out though...after this, it never ends!