Thursday, January 8, 2009

Word for 2009

My sister in law got this off another blog site and I thought it was a pretty neat idea. I hate the goal thing, I hate failing year after year after year and yes after year. I liked the idea of picking ONE WORD for YOU this year, something that summed what you wanted out of the year and yourself. Something that didn't remind you that you were failing, but gave you the gump to keep going. So I have picked my word...
Serenity
a quality or state of being serene
Serene
1a. clear and free of storms or unpleasant change
b. shining bright and steady
2. marked by or suggestive of utter clam and unruffled repose or quietude
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin serenus,
CLEAR, CLOUDLESS, UNTROUBLED
I always get heck for loving the color black, or using black/white pictures in my home or pretty much just adoring black. I always surprise people when I tell them my favorite color is black. Normally when people think of black they see dark, heavy, uneasiness. Let me show you a different side of black, majestic, curious, elegant, mysterious, strong, long lasting, without the black how do we see the bright light... To me when I look at a black/white picture I see what you are supposed to see. I see the purity in people or objects, they aren't glamored up. One is never better than the other, it takes all the "things" away and everything is just as they should be. It carries the "moment" to a different intensity, allowing the eye and spirit to see what is sometimes lost is all the different colors or things that are surrounding it.I know this isn't black/white, it's sepia, but it has the same effect. All you see here is the love of a father to his son, there is no difference here. Just the purity of the heart. They belong.
So I want to be able to see and feel these moments this year, in me, my husband, my son, my religion, my brothers and sisters, my parents, my life, laughing and loving every moment. I know I won't get to enjoy every moment, but this year I'm going to try! I want to have and hold onto those Serene moments that I am given. It's going to be good, I know it!
If you are like me and don't like the whole goal making then try this out and let me know your word and thanks Ash for sharing this!!
Happy Serene Year to you all!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Great word! Best of luck with incorporating this into your New Year! Love you guys!

tsmortensen said...

That is a great word. I am having the hardest time finding a word for me! There are to many to choose from. But I love both you and Ashley's!

The Shep's Herd said...

I love it what a great idea. YOur a great writer. Happy New Year.