I don't know if I can do this... "THIS" is letting my baby grow up. I don't like it one bit. As of Monday March 9th. Mitchel is officially in Preschool. Ugh. This is the next step with the Kindering Center program he was in. They only take children from 0-3. The day you turn 3 you are then entered into the School District. And since Mitchel was 3 on Friday, he is now a Preschooler.
Funny how your life does full circle moments. I always laughed (on the inside) to the mothers that cried and cried when they had to send their babies off to school or put them on the "Big Yellow Bus" and now I am one of them. Yes, with this school Mitchel gets to ride a Bus to and from school. Cory thinks this is awesome, I think this is crazy to put my baby that is only 3 on a bus. Ugh. But I did and I do now. So on the first day of school there are some cute pictures of Mitchel, but I am not in there due to the tear swelled eyes that day. Ugh.
Mitchel have a Great lunch before the first day of Preschool~Dino Nuggets & apple slices! YUM
Posing some BIG smiles for me outside when we were waiting for the bus!
Mitchel with his little backpack on. Ugh. It is a really cute one and he likes it! What a big boy! He did great getting on the bus. I FOLLOWED it EVERY turn when it left with my baby on it. I now know the stops it makes to and from school! I slip him a treat when I put him on the bus to keep the smiles there. The last couple of times it's been a little harder and his tears come as I am seat belting him in his seat. Then the tears start on me. I try really hard to keep them intact so he doesn't see me cry and reassure him he's okay. The drives says he doesn't cry long. Every evening when they drop him off he's been SOUND asleep. Yesterday he and this little girl had their heads on each other both sound asleep. It was quite cute.
Yesterday Daddy surprised us and came home to see his little Man get on the bus all grown up. They played outside for about 15 minutes and got some good laughs and giggles in. Thanks Daddy that meant a lot!
All in all. This is a WONDERFUL school. With a great teacher and some great Speech Therapist. I know Mitchel will do wonders in here. That is the only way I'm letting it happen. But this has made me come to one conclusion. Cory has been begging me still to cut his hair and asked me the other day why I won't do it. Then I got this thought and told him " You have pushed my baby to grow up. He's riding a bus, going to preschool, and not needing his mommy as much. His curls make him look more babyish! When his hair is short it he looks more little boyish. I refuse to let everything happen at once!!" (tear in my eye) Cory hugged me and said, Okay. He's been so nice and supportive to me. I just never thought it would be so hard to let your baby grow up!?
Mitchel have a Great lunch before the first day of Preschool~Dino Nuggets & apple slices! YUM
Posing some BIG smiles for me outside when we were waiting for the bus!
Mitchel with his little backpack on. Ugh. It is a really cute one and he likes it! What a big boy! He did great getting on the bus. I FOLLOWED it EVERY turn when it left with my baby on it. I now know the stops it makes to and from school! I slip him a treat when I put him on the bus to keep the smiles there. The last couple of times it's been a little harder and his tears come as I am seat belting him in his seat. Then the tears start on me. I try really hard to keep them intact so he doesn't see me cry and reassure him he's okay. The drives says he doesn't cry long. Every evening when they drop him off he's been SOUND asleep. Yesterday he and this little girl had their heads on each other both sound asleep. It was quite cute.
Yesterday Daddy surprised us and came home to see his little Man get on the bus all grown up. They played outside for about 15 minutes and got some good laughs and giggles in. Thanks Daddy that meant a lot!
All in all. This is a WONDERFUL school. With a great teacher and some great Speech Therapist. I know Mitchel will do wonders in here. That is the only way I'm letting it happen. But this has made me come to one conclusion. Cory has been begging me still to cut his hair and asked me the other day why I won't do it. Then I got this thought and told him " You have pushed my baby to grow up. He's riding a bus, going to preschool, and not needing his mommy as much. His curls make him look more babyish! When his hair is short it he looks more little boyish. I refuse to let everything happen at once!!" (tear in my eye) Cory hugged me and said, Okay. He's been so nice and supportive to me. I just never thought it would be so hard to let your baby grow up!?
4 comments:
Oh I LOVED this post for several reasons...1, Mitchel is so adorable! 2, It was very sweet to read about how much you are missing him, and how hard it is to watch him grow. 3, Seeing those pictures of Cory coming home to see his boy on the bus was very very sweet! Ok...I could go on, but just know, that was a GREAT POST!
I know exactly how you feel...minus the yellow bus! Strange, but we have always lived right by the school! I just registered my little Avery for Kindergarten. Next thing you know I will be a grandma! Ahhhh! =)
Oh Kristen that was awesome! You made me all teary-eyed. I can't believe Mitchel is old enough to go to preschool. You are soooo brave to let him ride the bus. He looks so cute in his little polo shirt. I bet that was the best surprise for you and Mitchel when Cory came home early. those days are so few and far between at Schwaby.
PS-I like Mitchel's hair too!
I am crying for you! He looks so happy and grown up in those pictures and I know how hard that is as a mom because I have been the person you have been laughing at for the last 8 years! That was such a sweet post and it made me miss all three of you so much! All my love!
Post a Comment