Sunday, June 21, 2009

Can you say fishie, fishie FISHIE

We went fishing as a family yesterday to a lake a LONG ways away. We were up at 4 am and out the door by 5 am. In the water at 10:45am and out of the water at 8:30pm. Then finally home at 12am aka MIDNIGHT! It was a long day, but we knew it would be. Lots of sun, which we were immensely grateful for, not great fishing, but what we got was AWESOME! We each caught a fish, so at least we both left smiling! And Mitchel, oh is he ever a fisher. Totally die hard playing with the dead fish, casting his own rod fisherman!We got Mitchel this fishing rod and it came with a little rubber fish that sinks in the water. We attached it to the line and he will spend hours casting that little red fish and reeling it in! A professional fisher in the making I tell you!
Oh Yes, DO YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THAT MONSTER. We weren't in the water 20 minutes and I was doing my usual of casting, dinking around and WHAM. I thought I snagged bottom. Thinking to myself. CRAP, there goes another NEWLY bought lure. And then the line started to sing. For those of you who haven't heard that noise, when I see you again I'll do it for you. Got it memorized now. Anyway I looked at Cory while reeling in the singing line and said "What the heck do I do?!" He's jumping up scrambling to me and telling me to STOP REELING, STOP REELING and let the fish go!? What are you crazy I want that monster. I tell you it's all a mans to a women's mind! Anyway I listened to the mans mind( Cory's coaching), and got this fish into the net, boat and in that picture.
Yes, I know IT'S a BEAUTY and even nicer BIGGER THAN CORY'S!
Once we got my fish we got NOTHING. Not even bites for HOURS. But Cory was determined he was going to catch a fish before we called it a day... You can surly tell his determination here!

And then the blessed moment happened. Cory was satisfied as a man, well kind of! Still a little ego hurt that his wife out fished him. But this little guy did give Cory a bit of the battle he was craving! Left him smiling and happy from the trip!

The grand viewing of the prize fish for the day. And Cory was trying to tell me that they were both 6 inches. You can obviously tell a mans 6 inches are different from a women's!!! We did have a blast and got WAY too much sun, but it's times like these that make for GREAT memories. Like, seriously come on who doesn't want to remember being beat by a girl!
Love you Hun!

Since those fish were so great and fresh we figured we couldn't spoil it and stick them in the freezer. So on the Barbie they went. We almost needed to buy a new grill to fit my fish on. Cory's had plenty of room for future growth, but mine, nope it's was cuttin' it pretty close! lol! Man did they taste good, big or little!

3 comments:

Aida said...

Have you ever read the children's book, "Just Like Daddy", by Frank Asch. (i think thats how you spell the author's name) Anyways you should check it out- I think you guys would like it. This post reminded me of it... your family is as cute as ever!

Ashley said...

Oh I love it! I love that he has the fishing gene, and that you out fished cory, and that cory thought his was the same size! HAHAH! Great! I love those family moments too. So much fun memories

tsmortensen said...

I can't wait to get done with trek and do something fun like that with my family!