And I am not lately. Nope and have no problem saying so. Cory on the other hand has been coming home for like a month and EVERY night he asks Mitchel.... "Did you go on the potty today? You're a big boy you need to use the potty?" Used to totally piss me off, but I just said you know what WHATEVER.
So last Sunday Cory decides that he's going to put undies on Mitchel. I see this and nicely inform him it's ALL HIM. I wasn't any part of this AT ALL. He's smiles at me and says that's fine. So next thing we know it Mitchel is outside playing in the sand and grunting to HIGH heaven. And yes wouldn't you of guess it a Rhinoceros nose is coming out of his behind. I, having mo
ther instincts, quickly dart to Mitchel as I'm saying " No, just wait Mitchel! Let's go poop in the potty like a really big boy, just hold it honey!"Ya, there was no holding it. It was out, the job was done and now it had to be cleaned up. Grumbling I start the process and then I'm like, "Heck NO"(foot stomp) I didn't commit to this today. "OH CORY, YOUR SON NEEDS YOU!" Yup, you betcha he got to do the clean up and everything. He walks in plugging his nose, I walk out smiling!
So then a couple of minutes later I say, "Mitchel needs a bath tonight." Cory says, "Kap, I'll get him to sit on the potty here soon and then into the tub." I'm thinking, I know he's going to go pee here soon, you aren't going to want to procrastinate. I go walking into the house and guess whose standing in the hallway with the Niagara Falls dislodging from his mid area, all the while holding a plunger. Yes, that was Mitchel. He'd plugged the toilet with his Rhino nose, Cory used the plunger and never put it back so Mitchel happened to find it and drowned his little toes all at the same time. Anyway, again I smile and pipe up " OH CORY, YOUR SON NEEDS YOU!" followed with a smile and walking away.
I know he's 3 and potty training should be on the road. But you have to understand Mitchel and things need introductions, time, introductions, time and then concur! I know my little boy and how he works. It's coming and it will be good, but I know he's not there quite yet!! But I'm not going to stop a dedicated mess cleaning up daddy from trying. Nope not me!!
3 comments:
he, he, that's funny. Keep up the hard work. He'll get it. And besides, what's potty training without some good rhino nose stories to tell? :)
What a wonderful story! This one I'm going to have keep once I start potty training Rae. Thanks for sharing!
LOL! That is absolutely hilarious! Gross, but hilarious!
Post a Comment