Thursday, October 8, 2009

Is it 'Indecent Exposure' when it's cute?

So as you know Mitchel is totally potty trained. YES. He is doing awesome with telling us when he's got to go, but we have found out the hard way he can't hold it very long until it little boy privet part becomes a uncontrollable fire hose.
Yesterday, he didn't have school, I decided we'd have a fun mommy and son day and head to the Zoo. We parked along the road, because I'm cheap and didn't want to pay parking. This was near the backside of the Zoo where we always go in. We took off towards the Zoo and the playground. I know totally a two birds with one stone!! So we stop at the playground play a little then take off towards the gates only to find out that in the "off season" aka NOW, those gates are closed. We then head back to the playground/car. We run, we play we chase and then we STOP. PINCH. PANIC. And say "Pee, pee mommy." Really, right now..... crap. I pick him up squeezing his little legs together, we have found this gives us a few more minutes. I take off to the car when I see a 7-Eleven across the road. YES. I head there just to find a creepy man checking me out, yuck, and a really dirty sign that reads ' NO PUBLIC RESTROOMS'. Are you SERIOUS. Mitchel pats my cheek and nicely reminds me " Mama, pee pee now. COMING OUT." "No, no honey just hold it in please!" Thinking I don't want pee all down the side of me.
Then I see it. A HUGE bush in the park area away from everyone. This is it. I figure if a bum can sleep in it, by all means my 3 year old can pee in it. So I dart in. Scout the area around me. No parents...check....no little kids, girls especially...check. Pants are down and pee is coming out. Then I get a pat on the cheek, a kiss and a huge "Tank You Mommy!"

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Super funny that he said "thank you mommy"! Like, WHAT A RELIEF!

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh, wow. Were you in a cold sweat by the time that was over? What a relief, indeed! I love his gratitude too, LOL! Who doesn't have a bathroom in the 7-11???