Tuesday, December 1, 2009

He showed me up!!?!

A couple of Sunday's ago Cory noticed that Mitchel's hair was getting long. I had noticed it too, but cutting Mitchel's hair is a screaming, peeing, fit throwing battle for him and I so I had been choosing not to notice it! Cory loves short hair and has been hinting to me that a trim was in need. He mentioned it again on that Sunday so my response was "Well then you cut it."
I warned him of the above noted events that occur when cutting his hair and he just gets this cheesy grin on my face, strips Mitchel down and proceeds to get the clippers. He starts with letting Mitchel cut his hair, as we can tell he doesn't really have any, this is an exciting thing for Mitchel and then.........he proceeds to cut Mitchel's hair. Not one tear, not one fit, no peeing all over, NOTHING. Just a calm hair cut standing on the stool. Crap. He totally showed me up. Well little does he know, I'm still left smiling because guess who is going to become the "Barber" in our home??It ain't me :)

8 comments:

tsmortensen said...

Good job Cory! I agree with Kristen, bieng shown up has definite advantages!

Jschmalle said...

That's awesome! Rob is the barber in our home as well :) I would like to keep it that way too. Sometimes Daddy's have just the right touch!

Ashley said...

That's great, and it's good to have Dad be the barber! And Hey Cory...your going bald :)!

Gayle said...

Thats funny! And yes Cor, you are going bald!! Its ok though, so is Charlie

Kayla said...

I love it! Mieley to this day still hasn't gotten a hair cut - she won't let me. It's totally getting out of control.

Diana said...

I would definitely give Cory the job! Brent wants his hair long but I make him cut it. Someday I'll have let him grow the afro.

Megan B ♥ said...

Snicker, snicker, your sneaky secret is safe with us, LOL! Congrats on avoiding being peed on today!

Aida said...

its amazing what Dads can do! Gabriel is so into Transformers, as well- thats what he wanted for christmas.
Loved the christmas story tht cory shared in his talk. puts things into perspective...