So before I get to sappy here are some pictures of our 14 day (I know a long time with 2 kids, 1 teething mind you and no hubby, she's amazing) sight seeing...Ahummm, I mean packing!
Katie kept telling Cory and I that we needed to go on a date and she'd watch the kids. So I figured sure, Cory and I haven't had a celebration dinner with all the great news so why not. Then I mentioned out loud looking at Cory, "How 'bout we go to Crap Pot!" Cory just busts out laughing and I'm like What. He then informs me of Katie's face, who at the time was sitting right beside me and I couldn't see her reaction... anyway it was a face of "awwww I wanna go!" We we figured a whole clan celebration dinner was better than just the two of us anyway!
So bibs and all it was a feast that I know we ALL enjoyed!
We hit a few parks, some awesome beaches (twice forgetting swimsuits, but that didn't slow the kids down), laughed, played and never tanned because, hay we live in the north west!
That week Mitchel was on this kick of saying "HALT" it was so funny!
Cory was a sport for us and let us have a girls night where we headed out on the town! We decided to go and do the Seattle Underground tour! It was great, more laughing, more fun, and some strange, strange people. There was this car that a lady had totally covered in shoes. It was seriously awesome. We took a picture with Katie's camera... I'll have to get that picture... well in fact all these pictures are from here. I'm telling you I really need my eyes to become a camera!
Behind us is one of the first "Crapers", toilets and we refer to them now days, in Seattle. I'll take the now days toilets, thanks!
So bibs and all it was a feast that I know we ALL enjoyed!
We hit a few parks, some awesome beaches (twice forgetting swimsuits, but that didn't slow the kids down), laughed, played and never tanned because, hay we live in the north west!
That week Mitchel was on this kick of saying "HALT" it was so funny!
Cory was a sport for us and let us have a girls night where we headed out on the town! We decided to go and do the Seattle Underground tour! It was great, more laughing, more fun, and some strange, strange people. There was this car that a lady had totally covered in shoes. It was seriously awesome. We took a picture with Katie's camera... I'll have to get that picture... well in fact all these pictures are from here. I'm telling you I really need my eyes to become a camera!
Behind us is one of the first "Crapers", toilets and we refer to them now days, in Seattle. I'll take the now days toilets, thanks!
As Katie so kindly put it.... what is wrong with this picture???? Let me tell you. It's JULY and NO SUN, Cory's wearing a HOODIE while attempting to enjoy the water, there is not a soul besides us there and if you look closely the children are turning BLUE!
But we had a good time. We wanted one family day with everyone before Katie and the girls headed out... the best thing about this day. The kids were smiling and Cory made Katie some of his AMAZING Dutch Oven Chicken and Potatoes and I had my Blueberry Cobbler.... I'm pretty sure Katie enjoyed it!
Then THE BIG day of Sight Seeing.... Oh man I really do mean PACKING, came about! I took Katie and all the kids over the Space Needle where Katie is so tinyly standing at the bottom of the picture! There have all of these really fun rides for the kids there and well Mitchel and Reagan had A BLAST!
And she's offffff....
Good ride? Yup, 2-thumps up!
After the Space Needle we loaded up again and headed to Pike Place Market. Got the BEST donuts ever! Saw lots of shops and a little more food. It's a dangerous place to be.... Then it was down to the wharf area. A little more food, shops, naps and in Reagan's case a HUGE LOLLIPOP!
The kids were AMAZING that day. We left the house at 9:30 and didn't get home until 4 that evening! We all had so much fun with them there. Mitchel is still requesting Rea Rea and in all honesty I'm requesting all three of them too!And to have it in writing we did get some packing done, Katie was awesome and washed all my walls, and the fridge, oh I'm still sorry about that one Katie! Thanks you guys so MUCH for coming. We know it's not easy being away from home for that long, but we hope you know we REALLY appreciated it LOTS! Thanks Paul too for letting them come!
Hugs and we miss you SO MUCH.... so looking forward to hunting season now!

2 comments:
Looks like you had a great time! I'm so glad your last weeks in Seattle were so memorable!
That was a great trip! But I'm sure we played WAY more than we packed! I can't wait to come see you again in NV!!!! We had SO much fun! Oh and if your mad at me am I an in-law then or still a sista! :) Love ya!
Post a Comment