Friday, July 23, 2010

Good things can be Sad :'(

This good thing is very, very sad to us all.
He was an amazing squirrel killing fool! 7 in one summer! Gross, but I didn't have to worry about squirrels digging in my back yard!Everything is going well with our house, infact so many things have been seeming to be going to perfectly well...... but the flaw showed it's ugly face yesterday. As we got more paper work to sign on our house and I was reading through the HOA (Home Owners Association) I saw a 'pet' section. So I read it and the tears started then. In this neighborhood you can only have max 2 cats/max 2 dogs..... and we have 3. We are too far into our house to back out, that was thought #1. So then we go through them. Sophie stops eating and won't even let strangers touch her, so that won't work. Degen we have invested a lot of $ into him and I feel super protected with him, that won't work. So then it's Ike. I thought after crying all day yesterday and last night when I couldn't tuck him in I'd be over this, but nope still tears this morning. SUCK. Anyway to those who say prayer doesn't work, I'd call them a fool! I knelt down yesterday, prayed/cried and then thought to put Ike on Craig's List and the most perfect family emailed me 1/2 hour later. Cory and I brought Ike out to them so we could see their house and Ike was so happy. It was like the old Ike was back. He'd been our only dog for so many years and he liked it best that way. And now he has it again. We both know it's right, it felt so wonderful and the family is awesome.But yet our hearts still hurts to have to let go and the stinkin' tears keep flowing. Sophie makes me feel even worse. She won't come out of bed and keeps looking for him. You can so tell she's sad. Degen, well I don't think he's noticed yet! The house is a little lonely and our hearts are a little heavy, but good bye and good luck with your new family! Ike we love you always!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

That's so sad. I'm sorry you guys. I hate the loss of pets, especially ones who are not just pets, but members of the family.
Good luck with everything else to come on the house.

Miranda Johnson said...

awww....I'm so sorry you had to give away your baby. ((hugs))

tsmortensen said...

That is so sad! I hope Ike will be happy in his new home and that sophie will adjust.

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh, so sad!!! I'm so sorry that you had to give him away, and so glad you found him a nice home where he will be loved and cherished as much as you you would.

Carrie said...

So sad. But what a blessing that you know he's with a good family AND seemed happy. We'll miss you Ike!

M said...

Aw, that is so sad! I'm glad that you guys found a good family for him. I'm sure you'll miss him a lot.