Friday, September 17, 2010

Day #3

Yesterday was a lot of repeating steps so not a lot of things that could have a picture taken and see progress. You can't quite see the difference between the 1st and 5th layer of sealer. Anyway I know I need to do the doors, but my head was a little tired of the fumes so I decided to paint the walls instead and break things up a little. I enjoyed something a little different and I loved the end result! I had to do some serious jimmy-ricking to be able to reach the high spot on the wall.... I was sweating like a teenager running from the cops... and I'm sure some of you heard a weird knocking sound, you weren't hearing things, those were my knees knocking together! Through it all there were only 3 times I thought death by mangulation (it's a word in my books) was going to take place.
This is a picture of me lying on the ground looking up. I just wanted to show the reverse of what I was having to look down on in order to get the top of the "high" spot! SO NOT COOL.
This is how close the ladder foot was to the edge for a good portion of painting... I don't think I've prayed so much in my day in a little while. And I'd like to report prayer works, cause I'm still alive and not lying mangled on my floor :)
2nd coat on!

I love it, really, really love it. Cory on the other hand, well lets put it this way I told him he has my permission to lie to me and LIE good!

Yes and Yes... that is the toilet bowl and 1/2 a roll of toilet paper.

I have been so focused on getting this kitchen done in as quick of time as I could. I am sad to say that I have been a slothful mother the last 3 days. I have been keeping both of us very hydrated and on an EMERGENCY legs crossed run to the bathroom.... this is what I find. First thought... thank heaven's I have more bathrooms, Second thought.... I'm going to have to dig that out with my hand! Bonus, nothing but water and tp located in the toilet at this time.

One thing for sure.... they are still so cute when they are sleeping!

Mitchel deciding to help daddy dig a hole!
You can see that the physical support he's giving his dad is 100%
Such handsome men in my life ;)
.....and well boys will be boys. Cory decided it would be interesting to see if poor sweet Sophie fit in the hole.....
.....and well Mitchel jumped in and figured hay she's in the hole, lets cover her up with dirt. Don't worry I saved her and we glared at the boys!
A good day though with lots done! Poor Mitchel skipped school to a killer cold that has attacked him. One thing I always know where the poor little guy is due to the Darth Vator breathing this cold has gave him :(

8 comments:

Carrie said...

It looks AWESOME! You are one brave woman. I like how you changed up the fumes you were inhaling by painting . . . because that's a lot better to breathe. Hope Mitchell feels well soon.

Gayle said...

Its looking great! And I love the picture of the hole and Sophie! So funny, those dang boys!

Ashley said...

You're coming along great. At first glance at the green, I have to admit I was slightly shocked, but I think it looks great. Especially with the Dark cabinets. You've got a vision, and it's coming along beautifully! Men never get interior decorating. Lying is their best option:)
Oh, and I really love the picture of Mitchel on Cory's back where they are both smiling. I need that picture!

Ashley said...

P.S. Mom wants to know if Mitchel has grown a foot since we saw him last? He's so big!

Jschmalle said...

WOW...again! I L-O-V-E it!! You did a fab job!! Logan totally gets the Darth Vader breathing when he's sick too.

tsmortensen said...

Wow! Your kitchen is totally transformed and looking great! Also great picture of the boys!

Katie and Paul said...

Kitchen is amazing! You are so brave to do that and then it turns out like a kitchen out of homes and garden! way to go! If you have to paint anymore high spots will you please wait until I am there and can at least support the latter. Thanks!

Kayla said...

Looks good. I love seeing other people's remodel jobs - mostly because I'm not the one doing it!