Monday, September 13, 2010

A Man and Boy's shared Bliss

Mitchel as you all know is a boy.... hence he LOVES dirt, mud, utter destruction (of his clothes) and camouflaging his entire body with whatever his surrounding are at the time. I'd like to say that his father is different, but we all know I'd be living in a land of denial! So yet again, like father like son, right!? And you ask yourself what is the best thing for a 'boy' to fulfill this mission in life...... and GIANT size Sandbox, yup that'll do!
So we get the idea to do this around 4pm in the afternoon. Cory heads to the best place a home owner can go.... Home Depot and gets all the materials and away we go. These pictures you see are 10pm when we realized our drill is a little loud and we live in a HOA neighbourhood now. NUTS, that means quitting time. So Cory does his job of creating, me helping here and there, then I do my job of the finishing touches!

Can't keep a boy on a mission down even without the main ingredient....sand!

8 comments:

Gayle said...

That is an awesome sandbox!!!

Ashley said...

I love that sandbox! Just a question, did you guys make a cover for it? We were going to build one, but witht he neighborhood cats we wondered the best way to cover it. Anyway, it's perfect. I love the benches and the colors. So creative and perfect for the kids!

Katie and Paul said...

Looks great! Mitchel seems to enjoy it..how is cleaning up afterwards?

KWit said...

Ya we found an idea for a cover for it. You build a light weight frame and then line it with lattice and tada NO kitties can get inside and leave their mark!

KWit said...

As for clean up it's a little ways from the door so I'm hoping a little of the camaflauge fall off before he hits the inside of the house!

tsmortensen said...

I love the seats around the edge of the sandbox! What a great idea!

M said...

Mitchel is going to have hours of fun in there. What a cool project.

Megan B ♥ said...

That is the best sandbox I think it have ever ever seen! I love the bench tops for sitting or driving cars along!