Thursday, September 2, 2010

"The Nook"

When we first took our 10 minute tour of this house, I told Cory right away that I didn't like the breakfast nook that was built in. He of course liked it.... I think everything went like that with this house. But low and behold I LOVE all the things he liked now! My true feelings were just hiding from me, but don't worry I found them!
Anyway I wanted to to figure out a way to make this nook look inviting and comfy. So on the hunt I went to find a pedestal table. And after much searching I found this table for $35!!! I had Cory do some minor cutting to make it fit perfect and tada got the table (I'll refinish that next month when Katie comes to visit :) ) But it still needed something. The window ledges behind it stick out a bit so it made it uncomfortable to lean against. So as I was walking through a store I saw these cushions and the idea came to my head..... So with a little help of Velcro I and totally happy with my result! Anyone want to come over for breakfast!?

6 comments:

Gayle said...

Looks good! And I would love to come for breakfast if you're making something yummy!

tsmortensen said...

Very Clever! Looks like a great place to enjoy a quiet morning! I can tell you are having fun with your house. Good for you!

Megan B ♥ said...

Oooh! Beautiful and creative! I never would have thought about velcro, so SMART!

Jschmalle said...

Man, you're a smart girl! I'll be over for breakfast in the morning ;)

Jojo said...

That looks very inviting! :D

Carrie said...

Adorable! And yes, Danny, Kaylee, and I do want to come for breakfast sometime.