Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A weekend A-W-A-Y :)

...... so with that title you know it's going to be a long post... pre-warning there! But lots of great pictures! The 2nd week in January we met up with my brother, his cute wife
and two sweet girls for a weekend in
TAHOE.
Ahhh, I forgot home much 'TALL' trees and snow clams my soul. It felt so good to be home again and out of the prairie land for me! We have a 'problem solver'! When the suns a shinning and you want to play your game, just cover up and tada! PROBLEM SOLVED!Once we met up at the hotel the kids had LOTS of wiggles, so what's the best part...of course bloodshot chlorine eyes, aka POOL!Nothing but smiles that night! After a good swim, some pizza and
ahhh, silence to tuckered out sleep!The next morning we went on a private snowmobile tour of a summit in Tahoe. Kids bundled to the hill....check... potty break....check..... Never ending smiles with cousins....check!And we are OFF! Mitchel is WAY into racing and beating people! So him being the leader of the pack was perfect. Every time we stopped the first thing I heard was "hahaha mama I beat you!"
It was a blast but I think we all agreed that seeing all that untouched powder called each of our names, but because we were on a 'guided' tour we had to stay on trail... still perfect for kids and a blast for us bigger kids too! Hay.... wait I said Potty break....check. Mitchel!The crew of us! We did have an awesome time and got to see some beautiful land. We even saw the cabin where they filmed "Misery" ....crazy lady show!!Mitchel really I did say POTTY BREAK.....CHECK! haha
I guess he just didn't remember that part!What next after a great afternoon in the cold....pool and hot tub! This resort had a cool pool. You could swim inside/outside. It was a little chilly outside but the water was heated! And the hot tubs, ohhh how lovely they were!!Nope nights not over yet...we dressed up and went to a arcade on the Nevada (gambling) side for a little more fun. Mike hit JACK POT this trip!!Along with a little downtown touring! We found a fun store that the kid picked a toy, Mitchel fell in love with this cowboy hat... and I must say he looks pretty cute, just ignore Cory's grouchy face. He did have a good time... promise!Sunday morning... how do you think three kids want to end their weekend.... if your thought was pool.... you are so RIGHT!The guys would tease the kids and do 'cold body'!The Cory got the idea to go and roll in the snow then jump pack in the pool....we laughed so, so, oh so hard! Olie was the only other brave enough to follow her Uncle...silly girl!The boys did the swim that morning as Candice and I cleaned and packed up the room. Worked out great! We wanted to get a picture of them all and my bro was just fascinated with his 'comb' that clicks onto his shorts....what a nerd :)
After swim/check out it was SLEDDING time. It was a PERFECT place, really. Water front, small hill the kids could climb, but still got good speed. Especially for the little ones you had to have a stopper so they wouldn't go into the lake ;)What a grin, ah!Ahhh I love these family moments!Hahaha Candice and Julia going for a RiDe!These two are SERIOUS TROUBLE together....but entertaining too!Ya, Mike got a little close that time! There was actually a guy that was showing off to his group and went into the water...ya we all laughed pretty hard!
The many faces of sledding below....And 5 minutes after saying Good-bye Mitchel was out. Mouth open and all. Thanks Klassen's for an AWESOME weekend with lots and lots of junk food, games, smiles, laughs, maybe a couple tears, but oh SO MUCH FUN! Love you guys!

5 comments:

Gayle said...

Oh that looks like sooooo much fun!!!! Glad you had a good time!

Carrie said...

What a fabulous trip! Looks like so much fun. I laughed just looking at the pictures of Cory rolling in the snow. CRAZY COLD!!! Send Mitchel hugs from Danny.

Jschmalle said...

Wow, that place is beautiful!! I want me some of that :) I so wish we lived closer. It's amazing how you take certain things for granted when there close, then they go away and it makes you sad :(

tsmortensen said...

That looks like an amazing fun time! I love the sledding pictures! Cory cracks me up...rolling in the snow in a swimsuit! Great memories!

Katie and Paul said...

Seriously lay in the snow then jump in back in the pool! That has crazy written all over it:) So nice you could enjoy some snow though. Very fun pics! Thanks for sharing.