So Cory had a Saturday off and since we haven't really had a family day for awhile I had the whole day planned out. It was going to start with going to Transformers 3 (Mitchel's been on the countdown for 2 weeks), go out to lunch and then go to the water park for the rest of the day... So that morning Cory informed me that he was going to take the dogs for a "short walk around our neighborhood" (HIS words, not mine). I thought that was great, since it'd give me time to shower and clean up a little. Note, he HAD to be back to the house at 10:40 LATEST. So 10:40 came and went, 11:15 (when the movie started) came and went, 11:55 came and I went to the garage to climb in my car to go find when, when I noticed that his truck was gone....
Ummm that's not walking the neighborhood mister! So I headed out to where I though he might go. Right after I get out of our neighborhood and head down the main road (a little in fumes), I
bursted out laughing when I see my man, with Mitchel on his shoulders,
carrying my little
Chihuahua in one arm,
drowning in sweat and his dog (who tongue by that time was touching the ground) walking along the road (they walked about 5 miles in 90' heat). I WISH I had my camera! It was seriously a sight to see! Anyway I got them into the car and after I lectured him on not going where he said he was, making us late, and NOT carrying his cell phone, which he has lectured me many times on, we headed to first the gas station to hydrate everyone and then to the dessert where he so nicely high centered the back of his truck in an Exploration!


I have this huge fear of 'hills', weird, funny I know, but I HATE them... and since he was stuck and had to drive his truck I had to drive my Pathfinder to pull him out. I HATE HILLS. I hated them on my dirt bike, and I hate them in a vehicle.... needless to say I did it and my husband stuck with this statement ALL WEEKEND..... "YES DEAR!"

So I guess all in all it turned out all right ;) And we did make it to Transformers, which I think I spent more time watching Mitchel that the movie!
He was SO EXCITED!!! Mitchel LOVES this picture, we look at it at a regular basis(it was taken at the beginning of our countdown, so he'd have to look at it everyday)! Never got the water park....I guess that will have to wait for another day!!!

But from all the fun the day still ended like this... so I think it was all in all a good day :)
1 comment:
Sounds like quite a day!
Post a Comment