We did the math and due to MUCH moving and promotions with work and cancelled vacations and well you know life... anyway we made it, 4 years later but we made it and we made it count. We left Monday afternoon and came home Friday morning. Perfect! No weekend rush and just beautiful, dirty, bug biting, but ever relaxing wilderness :D
So welcome to Gold Lake, CA (I know a state over, but it's only just over an hour drive and BEAUTIFUL)
Our home!! They were great camp spots... not the best at placing 'honey buckets' but hay every place has it crap ideas.....lol
First hour in and the boy (big and little) can't wait to fire up the chainsaw and make some noise... Cory's invention of dragging a log back to camp... he had it tied around his wait and Mitchel assisting.
We always knew we have the cutest brown baby around, but here it took a whole different meaning... he was totally camouflage with the ground in minutes... the picture does NOT do his dirtiness skills justice!
Fire it up and let it rip!!
There is just something 'sexy' about a manly man to me :P
Ahhh, the evenings by the fire... Picture by Mitchel
Eating some breakie before heading 'FISHING'... he was ready in NO time that morning! I need fishing as a bribe every morning!
Cory and Mitchel rocked the fishing this time. Between the 2 of them and 3 days they caught 32 fish. I forgot my DL so I couldn't get a CA tag (shhhh, Cory did let me reel in a couple) and ended up reading a book still a win, win!
I haven't seen these flowers ANYWHERE since I left my home town in Canada. They are one of my absoulte favorite flowers ever. They grew all over the ditches where I lived and I remember again and again picking these for me and my mom. Anyway they are called Tiger Lilies. Our camera is having issues so you can't turly see how beautiful they are. It was just one of those little blessings for me to be camping right by them!
Touring around the lake and just old fashioned relaxing!
Our home!! They were great camp spots... not the best at placing 'honey buckets' but hay every place has it crap ideas.....lol
First hour in and the boy (big and little) can't wait to fire up the chainsaw and make some noise... Cory's invention of dragging a log back to camp... he had it tied around his wait and Mitchel assisting.
We always knew we have the cutest brown baby around, but here it took a whole different meaning... he was totally camouflage with the ground in minutes... the picture does NOT do his dirtiness skills justice!
Fire it up and let it rip!!
There is just something 'sexy' about a manly man to me :P
Ahhh, the evenings by the fire... Picture by Mitchel
Eating some breakie before heading 'FISHING'... he was ready in NO time that morning! I need fishing as a bribe every morning!
Cory and Mitchel rocked the fishing this time. Between the 2 of them and 3 days they caught 32 fish. I forgot my DL so I couldn't get a CA tag (shhhh, Cory did let me reel in a couple) and ended up reading a book still a win, win!
I haven't seen these flowers ANYWHERE since I left my home town in Canada. They are one of my absoulte favorite flowers ever. They grew all over the ditches where I lived and I remember again and again picking these for me and my mom. Anyway they are called Tiger Lilies. Our camera is having issues so you can't turly see how beautiful they are. It was just one of those little blessings for me to be camping right by them!
Touring around the lake and just old fashioned relaxing!
No comments:
Post a Comment