You're starting to hear her name a little more, but Olivia planned this great 'Pirates Treasure Hunt' for all the kids to do and all the mom's were just asked to pitch in some how. Since every pirate needs a sword I volunteered Cory and I for his awesome wood sword skills!!! I had asked him and he was totally cool with it, then we did what we do best a totally forgot about it!! Sunday night comes around (Pirate Hunt is Monday) and we remember what we've promised and did again what we do best, got to work and around midnight we had pulled it off, fully finished 5 pink swords and 7 blue ones :) (I can't tell you how many times we counted those darn things to be sure we had it right!)
I think we have to team work down to a fine art in getting things done... and mess making skills too! This was yet another lesson on 'Procrastination'... maybe one of these times we'll actually grasp what the lesson has to offer. Until then it's successful scramble time :)

But it was well worth it for a Pirate smile like this! Arrrrrrr
"No mom it's me Mitchel... I'm pretty good aren't I!" Yes little man you Arrrrr!
Seeing all these boys we had a little fright of some busted knuckles, but I'm happy to report there wasn't a single tear due to the wooden swords!!
Pirate Matey ahoy.... Let the Treasure Hunt begin!!
I'm tell you Olivia covered everything! One of Mitchel's favorite parts was following the Treasure Map to all the clues. He thought that was just so cool, and so did I!
Clue...'You are close to your treasure. Use the Spy Glass to see your way to the Giant Whale's Tail.'
Clue...'This is not the Treasure you seek, but a reminder for those who have failed before you. Seek the Giant Sea Turtle, she will guide you to the end.'
Clue...'This is your reward for making it this far. Grab 2 Gold Coins and make your way to the tower of the Blue Castle'.
Oh, how this picture makes me laugh... the look on both of their faces says it all!! (These 2 can squabble like siblings, can't you tell!)
Arr Matey....we found our Treasure!!!
Nothing like a good loot bag to make a Pirate smile!
Lol.. he was eating Chocolate and I snapped the picture... looks like a true pirate to me!!!
I think we have to team work down to a fine art in getting things done... and mess making skills too! This was yet another lesson on 'Procrastination'... maybe one of these times we'll actually grasp what the lesson has to offer. Until then it's successful scramble time :)

But it was well worth it for a Pirate smile like this! Arrrrrrr
"No mom it's me Mitchel... I'm pretty good aren't I!" Yes little man you Arrrrr!
Seeing all these boys we had a little fright of some busted knuckles, but I'm happy to report there wasn't a single tear due to the wooden swords!!
Pirate Matey ahoy.... Let the Treasure Hunt begin!!
I'm tell you Olivia covered everything! One of Mitchel's favorite parts was following the Treasure Map to all the clues. He thought that was just so cool, and so did I!
Clue...'You are close to your treasure. Use the Spy Glass to see your way to the Giant Whale's Tail.'
Clue...'This is not the Treasure you seek, but a reminder for those who have failed before you. Seek the Giant Sea Turtle, she will guide you to the end.'
Clue...'This is your reward for making it this far. Grab 2 Gold Coins and make your way to the tower of the Blue Castle'.
Oh, how this picture makes me laugh... the look on both of their faces says it all!! (These 2 can squabble like siblings, can't you tell!)
Arr Matey....we found our Treasure!!!
Nothing like a good loot bag to make a Pirate smile!
Lol.. he was eating Chocolate and I snapped the picture... looks like a true pirate to me!!!
And what's a pirate boy without his pirate mama!!
Thank YOU Olivia for all you have done. This was absolutely amazing and the kids had a blast!!!
6 comments:
Well haven't you been the busy busy blogger lately! I love seeing all your family adventures though - your posts always bring a smile to my face and make me laugh too! And I can't believe how long your hair is. I didn't realize it was that long until your picture with Mitchel!
First of all, your hair is so long!!! WOW! Secondly...love that activity. I need to find an Olivia up here:)
Sounds like such a fun day! I agree...I almost didn't recognize you with all that hair! You look great (as always :). Nice work on the swords too!
Hey, some of us work better under pressure :)
What a fun, fun time! Danny would have loved it. Your hair looks beautiful - sooo long!!!!
AAAA-DORABLE!
Post a Comment