Friday, March 30, 2012

While the women is away the BOYS will PLAY...

Since we moved here the men in the 'Witters' family have been talking, planning and fantisizing about fishing Pyramid Lake. So they got a date put in place and then Cory's dad thought of getting a charter so when they came they could really learn how to fish this lake for future trips. And double bonus is that it was the weekend before Cory's birthday so it was a birthday/fishing/male bonding (hehe) weekend! BUT I have to admit these boys pulled off a great one with an awesome surprise for Cory (and since I was here I got in on it too) Craig called Cory Thursday mid morning telling him he had to go to the airport to pick up a package that had been flown in for him for his birthday... we were both totally baffled! Come to find out the surprise was Cory's (I'd say best) friend that flew in for this weekend all the way from Alaska. It was awesome and Cory was WAY surprised!! So everyone showed up Thursday and since I was leaving to help my SIL with the delivery of her baby it was truly a 'man's weekend. But before I left we all headed out to Sushi for dinner Thursday night...a first for Cory's brother Craig. I think I only saw him gag 2 times!This was 5:30 am as the boys were headed out to go fishing... they did get a bummer deal that the captain of the charter played some crap on them that the water was too rough and cancelled on them. PATHETICALLY LAME excuse. But the guys didn't let it wreck the weekend. So they shore fished instead! They were prepared and had some waighters to head into the water with also...each one of them discovering they had a hole!
This picture cracks me up... Looks like Craig is pushing fate :) Tom and the only catch of the day! One and only fish still gets 2 thumbs up! Sushi...check...fishing (kind of)...check...shooting...Once the fishing was completed it was unpack and load up the shooting gear. Followed by golfing the next morning and then Cory's famous Dutch Oven dinner... oh and I heard Mike did an awesome fish dinner with some he brought from Alaska. Not only to the men play when the women are out, but they eat like kings too!!!
Thanks you guys for taking to time to come visit. I know Cory had a great weekend seeing you all and maybe next time there will be better luck with the fish!!

No comments: