Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Adoption...what it really is

 What a beautiful thing this is. Some people hear this word and they smile, some wrinkle their foreheads and can't understand how someone can give their child up. To the wrinkled foreheads let me clarify one very, very important thing. No one ever gives their baby up, but one can place their baby. There is such a difference between these words. Because I can tell you that placing their child is done with prayer, pondering and the ability to see a much wider picture. There is so much that is placed into this decision and I know the Angel Mama's that do this think of their baby and giving what they can't. These women are amazing, examples of a pure love and my heart will always feel as through it's in their debt.
In every state there are different laws. In WI, after Brennen was born the birth-parents, caseworkers, adoptive couple, lawyers & Guardian ad litem all appear before the judge to terminate the birth-parents rights. We were a little surprised, with Mitchel there was no court date. I must say I like this way a LOT better as everything is done right away and nothing can change the decision the judge made! Cory & Mitchel were supposed to fly out Monday morning, but with Brennen not being born until Sunday we decided to push their flight to Thursday, which made it perfect so that Cory and I could be to the court date. The last 10 days that our families have been united have been so simple, so easy and so comfortable. The kids adore each other and we love them so much. Our families are united in a way people just can't understand. It's truly the tender mercies of our Savior, to put it plainly.
I just look at these pictures and tears flood my eyes. I've had a hard time posting these posts because I feel as through nothing, no words can truly touch the feelings, the love and the bonds that we have made with each other. Jeannette I love you, you are a best friend, an amazing mother, a daughter of our Heavenly Father and our Angel Mama! Thank you from the eternities and back again.

4 comments:

Jschmalle said...

I loved reading all of your posts!! What a sweet adventure the Lord has blessed you with. I'm so happy for you guys!

Diana said...

What a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing. Congrats!

tchutchins said...

Thanks for sharing your story!! So excited for you guys, I loved reading about your experience!

Megan B ♥ said...

So so beautiful. All of it. Your perspective, your family, your wonderful, amazing friend Jeannette. Love and hugs to all of you. xoxo