So onto the HUGE photo post....
Welcome everyone to ALASKA
Well this is PRE-Alaska... Entertainment in the airport! Thank heavens daddy LOVES hats, 'cause so does Mitchel....especially daddies. Mitchel did awesome though. We never had a problem on the way up or the way back. Just give him a sippy and a piece of gum and he's a happy camper!
We were on our way to go and tour "Exit Glacier", which was awesome, but on our way Cory just started laughing and told me to look behind us. If you look closely you can see there is a tow truck with a truck on and the door to the truck being hauled is WIDE open! ha ha Alaska's awesome
I would tell you that that was the horns to the moose that Cory shot, but then I'd be lying to you...it's the moose I shot. Don't mind the lock holding it down. It really has nothing to do with it!
On the hike up to Exit Glacier...IT was so BEAUTIFUL. We totally hit the colors on the trees just as they were changing! My favorite.
Mitchel Man being the cutest little kid ever in his ever so handsome green rubber boots.
Now isn't that a cute family! The glacier was amazing at how blue they get! Mitchel kept getting side tracked by all the puddles he found and the ENDLESS stack of rocks to throw into him. But I can't say I blame him... I think there was a time or two that Cory and I joined.
The view looking down form where we hiked.
Homer, Alaska welcome's the Witters!
Yet, another breath taking view!
We ventured down to the ocean at Homer, when the tide was out and found a few things, oh like a cute little boy in green boots, a rather handsome man, and teeny, tiny star fish and of course the crab!
Okay... So what does this old boat look like to you?? Umm, a old boat, in the mud, dead, and stinky. Well I told Cory that he needed to stop because this old boat looked kind of cool in it's old, dead, stinky way. As we got closer I noticed a car parked by it. Thinking to myself "No WAY" and then seeing people. Yes, this is a family style home here in Homer, Alaska! WOW, I know.
Mike, Cory's buddy, the guy we were staying with, took us out "Snag fishing" and it's pretty much like it's called. You put this HUGE, HEAVY hook on your line cast it out and hope you snag a fish. Well Cory was the only successful fisher that day hooking a star fish and...
I had to make Mitchel touch the star fish. He just kept doing this little scream/fairy dance away from it. Pretty funny!
The serious fisher cathes a jelly fish!
Just another beautiful view we got to see. It was so amazing here. So relaxing, calm and did I mention AmAzInG!!
Mike, our tour guide, wanted to take us in his awesome, 2 seater, rusted Jeepster down to the beach to drive around. It was cold and there is NO heat, hence no defrost so Cory was the official window wiper with a towl in hand. It was pretty cool seeing the beach though. Then down to these water falls there.
Mitchel and I didn't get the padded seats...umm is that a hint boys, that my seat is too padded anyway?!??!
This was a shot in Homer, just down town. I like that town if that's the view!

I would tell you that that was the horns to the moose that Cory shot, but then I'd be lying to you...it's the moose I shot. Don't mind the lock holding it down. It really has nothing to do with it!
On the hike up to Exit Glacier...IT was so BEAUTIFUL. We totally hit the colors on the trees just as they were changing! My favorite.
Mitchel Man being the cutest little kid ever in his ever so handsome green rubber boots.
Now isn't that a cute family! The glacier was amazing at how blue they get! Mitchel kept getting side tracked by all the puddles he found and the ENDLESS stack of rocks to throw into him. But I can't say I blame him... I think there was a time or two that Cory and I joined.
The view looking down form where we hiked.
Homer, Alaska welcome's the Witters!
Yet, another breath taking view!
We ventured down to the ocean at Homer, when the tide was out and found a few things, oh like a cute little boy in green boots, a rather handsome man, and teeny, tiny star fish and of course the crab!
Okay... So what does this old boat look like to you?? Umm, a old boat, in the mud, dead, and stinky. Well I told Cory that he needed to stop because this old boat looked kind of cool in it's old, dead, stinky way. As we got closer I noticed a car parked by it. Thinking to myself "No WAY" and then seeing people. Yes, this is a family style home here in Homer, Alaska! WOW, I know.
Mike, Cory's buddy, the guy we were staying with, took us out "Snag fishing" and it's pretty much like it's called. You put this HUGE, HEAVY hook on your line cast it out and hope you snag a fish. Well Cory was the only successful fisher that day hooking a star fish and...
I had to make Mitchel touch the star fish. He just kept doing this little scream/fairy dance away from it. Pretty funny!
The serious fisher cathes a jelly fish!
Just another beautiful view we got to see. It was so amazing here. So relaxing, calm and did I mention AmAzInG!!
Mike, our tour guide, wanted to take us in his awesome, 2 seater, rusted Jeepster down to the beach to drive around. It was cold and there is NO heat, hence no defrost so Cory was the official window wiper with a towl in hand. It was pretty cool seeing the beach though. Then down to these water falls there.
Mitchel and I didn't get the padded seats...umm is that a hint boys, that my seat is too padded anyway?!??!
This was a shot in Homer, just down town. I like that town if that's the view!
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time. It makes me want to go back! It looks so cold! And I loved Mitchel's boots
It wasn't that cold. But chillie. It was perfect in so many ways... and yes thank heavens Mitchel liked his boots.Last year when I bought him boots he hated them and would throw fit after fit when I tried to put them on him. This was MUCH nicer!
I had no idea you were going to Alaska! Ooh Adam would be sssoo jealous. We really, really, REALLY want to go there someday. . . . some day far away. . .
Glad you had fun though!
WOW! It is gorgeous and you seem to really be enjoying yourselves! Sure love you, Kristin! =)
Post a Comment