Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Some memories are so *Special*

When we were visiting last time to Boise, we were talking about what happens when Boys throw balls in the house. Dad laughed and then reached behind the couch and pulled out "his Guitar", that had been a victim in a ball accident while my 2 brothers were playing ball in the house. I wasn't expecting the emotions that would come with seeing this guitar and then hearing him play it and watching his fingers find the strings.
So jump back in time.... When I was little I remembering crawling on mom & dad's bed, while dad was already in bed playing his guitar. These were Special night to me. My dad would play and sing different songs, we all had our favorites and we'd ask all different ones that we loved and he'd always play them. I loved these nights, I loved the fun we had as a family, I love the security that came out when the guitar came out. It was just one of those great family times, ones I cherished. Then when dad pulled this out, I had to fight my emotions. Then to see how it inticed Mitchel, loving it, loving Papa for having it and then sharing it with him. It was as though I was back in time. Just wanted to share that and tell my dad how wonderful he is, how wonderful my mom is as I'd have those special nights when she'd play "The Music Box Dancer" so beautifully on the organ before I went to bed. You two have been such wonderful parents and absolutely amazing Papa's & Nana's. We love you so much!

2 comments:

tsmortensen said...

What a sweet tribute to your father. I enjoyed reading it. Happy Holidays! We sure missed you three at Thanksgiving! You were on all our minds and we hope it was a special day for your family.

Ashley said...

That was really sweet.