Ahhhh, yes, the serene wild. The still lake, the peaceful setting, the gentle breeze and the FREEZING COLD, WET weather. Yes to some this might be a beautiful week of a sweet husband taking vacation and his family camping, but to some it was a week of SURVIVAL!
First things first... Step one set up camp without argument...check... Go get fire wood for the week....check... Be a hottie while cutting down trees...check
Packing and loading the firewood to bring to camp...check...I must admit is was so much fun having to pack and haul firewood. Brought back plenty of fun memories for both Cory and I.
This was on day one. Mitchel was being a bear and we couldn't figure it out. When we got back to camp from getting our wood he wouldn't let Cory get him out of his seat and well 3 minutes later I checked on him and he'd taken off his boots, grabbed his blanket and was out!Camping naps....check
The glories of camping with my hunk is that he does pretty much all of the cooking. Yes, that is right ladies, he is a man to crave! He does it all. I don't touch the fire, unless I'm poking in it for fun, and I do MINIMAL prepping and NO cooking. It is a glorious time for me. To really connect with myself once again! ha ha, I know I'm a dork.Bringing a personal, hot chief to camp....check
I took this picture the second morning up there. The first night we had a HORRIBLE wind/rain storm, and we were in a tent. I was telling Cory when I took this picture " You know it's TOO cold to be tent camping when even the lake is cold in the morning!"Wearing all the clothes we owned to bed.... check
Proof of the coldness and a wee bit of sun and a child who won't even peek out of the blanket....check
The real sweet nature moments....check
The dog bailing out of the boat when going 30 mph...check
One PROUD little boy with a fish and ALWAYS the net when someone yelled "got one"...check
A new definition of Fish Lips...check(Note. I was totally not good on this. Cory had the camera and told Mitchel to kiss the fish.)
Times of beauty, GOOD fishing, sleeping dogs and just happiness...check(He did catch his first this week. I casted the line and the let him reel it in and we got one. It did flip off right before the boat, but he did it all on his own and is totally a fisherman. He would beg to go fishing, bring us our poles and such. So cute.)
Proud fisherman....check
Awww yes, the wilderness men....check
Proud fisherman....check
Awww yes, the wilderness men....check
A Rednecks tree stand...check
The masterful concoction over the fire for the kettle and a wiener roast...check
The babysitter....check
I know this is a forever long post. But it is fun to share. Cory took a week off work and we took a week camping. It was cold and wet and cold and cold, but we did have a lot of fun just being together with no warmth, oh I mean laughing and just being a family. It was much needed and totally one for the memory bank!

Sandy beach after catching his first fish....check 
5 comments:
I love family camping trips! If you can survive them they make the best memories! Me and the kids are getting really excited to go camping this summer! I wonder how it will go with Jed!
I can't believe Ike jumped out of the boat! Friday Miley was riding in the car and Charlie had the window all the way down and she bailed out of the car. Scared the crap out of me but she is fine. Glad you guys had a good week camping though!
I LOVED this post. Such cute pictures of you guys and camping. I LOVE camping, and can't wait for NICe weather, because I'm not much of a lover for the cold camping. But it looked beautiful and so fun! And by the way, did cory loose some weight? His face looks thinner in those pictures.
Yup Cor has lost abour 26 lbs since Jan. He's doing really good!
so many fun things that your family has been up to. A whole week camping! That is so wonderful! I love how all the pictures on your blog show so much of your families' personality- fun loving. Love it!
Post a Comment