Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The light is BRIGHT.

We always talk and hear about the "light at the end of the tunnel", well I am here to tell you that light is BRIGHT and BEAUTIFUL!
We are so happy to CONGRATULATE my awesome husband and Mitchel amazing dad in getting the approval of becoming a MANAGER of his OWN Les Schwab Tire Store. This has been our goal since we got married! And on January 15,2010 (which is Grandma's Birthday, so a great day to start off with) we found out this awesome news! So to give you all an idea on how it goes, I'll explain it to you. First Cory's store numbers has to be in the green. Well he was able to do that of course! Then only once a year do they open up the interviewing process to those who are wanting to become a manager. It's kind of a 3 step process. Step 1: Write up a resume and send it to your Area Manager who approves it and sends it to Headquarters, or not. Out of 100 people who send in resumes only 64 were chose from Headquarters to actually interview. Step 2: Have an actual interview with the Headquarters board member. Which consisted of 12 men on one side and just Cory on the other. They then ask you very weird question, make you sweat and squirm like a worm! hehe When Cory got done he was so sad. He wouldn't let me blog because he though he blew it and that there was no chance he was going to be chosen. Me. I knew he did great and I kept telling him so. He kept disagreeing, when is he going to learn to listen to me! lol So out of those 64 men only 23 men made it and you got it, Cory was one of them!!!!! Step 3: Now we wait til a store opens up, Cory applies and the same board that did the interviews will meet and decide if he's the best fit for that store and area. Now just so you all know we are PRAYING that we will be chose for the Kuna, Idaho store that is going to be built this spring. So yes family it's time to pray we will be moving closer! How how awesome that will be. All in all though, I firmly believe that the Lord will put us where we are best needed. After all look at our move to California! We were blessed with an AMAZING little boy and the wonderful people we met with him! Then Washington and the schools that have been here to help us with Mitchel's trials. Truly a blessing and now Leslie! So I can't say the Lords hand hasn't guided my life! I know we will go where is best for us. But I AM SO PRAYING the best place is Kuna, Idaho. Yup, I sure am!!!!! Thank you all for you love and support. We are so excited for what this year will bring for our family :)

5 comments:

Kayla said...

N.I.C.E!!! Way to go Cory! That's soo exciting!!!

Ashley said...

I am seriously choked up with such pride for my amazing, dedicated brother! Way to go weiner! When we got the text that you were in, we were all out for Mom's b-day dinner (since they were over to pick me up and bring me back to watch Nan's kids) and we were all so thrilled we couldn't quit boasting about our amazing Cor! SO PROUD! Caleb can sympathize on the board end of things. That was rough for him too. It was actually a lot of your coaching that helped him you know. We knew it was in you. Your going to be wonderful. Now start listening to your wife:)
I really hope you guys get closer so I can watch Mitchel for you guys to go away on weekends too:) Love you all!

Megan B ♥ said...

I read this the other day and I'm STILL smiling about it! Congratulations, this is awesome! Can't wait to see where this takes you!!

Katie and Paul said...

IDAHO! IDAHO! IDAHO! IDAHO! IDAHO! IDAHO! IDAHO! IDAHO! IDAHO! IDAHO! I am convinced if I chant IDAHO enought it will come TRUE!

tsmortensen said...

Congrats Cory! You are awesome...and having an awesome family always helps! We are so excited for you and we will be putting in some serious pray time over that Kuna store! That would be so amazing. Also, welcome Leslie to our family. We are excited to meet you! I look forward to reading about you and seeing your pics on the blog until then! All our love as always to all of you!