Yes. This moment that I am about to share with you is a moment that I can recall reading many emails about. All the time laughing at this poor mother in this situation and thinking. I'm sure someone made this up. Well that thought was demolished when my soon to be 4 year old humbled me by letting me play out in person what I have only read. Let me take you to this time......
We were at a store to do some shopping when I realized that Mitchel hadn't gone potty for a while and had emptied an apple juice sippy in the car about an hour ago. I knew it was going to be hitting him soon and we were by the bathrooms, so I thought why not while we are here. So into the restrooms we go. Mitchel and I proceed into a little stall. I go to help him, but he tells me to wait, insisting that he does it all himself. All the while talking it all out.
Mitchel: "Mommy wait. I do it. Point it down. No pee on pants."
Mommy: "Your right buddy, don't pee on your pants and good job at pointing it down!"
Mitchel gets off the toilet and we get his pants up. Now I figure since I am there I should pee too as I have been trying to be healthy this year and drink all my water. We all know that mean much, much, MUCH more peeing stops! So I situate myself and this is what proceeds....
Mitchel: "Now mommy say 'Poo Poo get out of me'" (we learned this from my bro & his wife)
Mommy: very quietly "Mitchel mommy isn't going poop. Just pee. K."
Mitchel: "No mommy fart. Stinky. Poo Poo get out of you" (all of this was very loud and now I hear giggling coming from around me.)
Mommy: "Mitchel I didn't fart. I'm not going poop. Just pee. Shhhh"
So now he catches on that I am begging him to be quite and convince him that I am not pooping, so he belts out.
Mitchel: "You sicko mommy. Just poo poo is okay!"
Then that is laughing all around. I'm dying and in all honesty it was only pee. I finished and held my head up high to face the crowd. There were 2 older ladies that were outside (already done their hand washing and were just staying listening to Mitchel and his encouragement), they had the biggest grins on their faces and said, "Please tell us where you are headed next we just want to follow you. That was the best entertainment we've had in years!"
My cheeks were pink and Mitchel was doing his knee slapping laughing, giving the ladies a high five on the way out.
I truly only thought this was an email made up story. I now know different and will never in my mind challenge this theory again. For when you become a mother ANYTHING is possible!
8 comments:
Oh you had me laughing out loud! HAHAH! So funny. He's just like his daddy with that knee slapping huh? too cute! He is sure talking a lot too. Man, that is making my cheeks hurt. Too funny! Love that boy!
Ha ha ha! This was awesome. You (and Mitchel) crack me up. I can't stop laughing...
Isn't motherhood full of surprises?! That is great, thanks for sharing!
That does sound like a forwarded email. Too funny! Now when I get one of those emails I'll always think of you. . .and your poo. . . . :)
You have to love bieng continually humiliated by your children... just think when they are teenagers the possibilities for paybacks are endless!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Motherhood is so humbling for a million different kinds of reasons. :)
Did Mitchel say GET OUT OF ME in a deep rusky voice? I love that little guy!
Hilarious! You inspire me never to take Danny to the bathroom in public . . . just in case. :)
Post a Comment