Thursday, December 9, 2010

Welcome to Virginia City, Nevada

We needed a day break from our life of opening a business so Cory came up with a road trip idea. It was an AWESOME idea and SO appreciated by everyone... So we all loaded up (including the dogs) and headed out for the adventure! First stop...somewhere in the mountains for a puppy pit stop
and a good family picture is always needed! Sophie just cracked me up with how she was walking in the snow...
she likes it, just not deep snow.Downtown boardwalk.It was really cool. They had all kinds of people dressed up in olden dress, military outfits, cowboys and an AMAZING Father Christmas...which I was so amazed by him that I forgot to get a picture... I knew they'd get caught someday!??!!Nothing like a LOLLY-POP
Mini-covered wagon!
This is an old mining city...with the fog that had settled that day,
to us it totally brought it back in time... so so SO pretty.
As we headed out of the city we decided to take a back road and as we were rounding the corner we saw to bodies start running up a hill.... We pulled in and saw that they were bobcats! By the time we got the camera out and snapped a picture they had covered a lot of ground and are hard to spot, but this is what they looked at. It was totally the 'high-light!'
Some old abandoned mining buildings.. Cory loved these.
I LOVED this tree/sign. I think I'm going to blow it up and use it for
a Halloween decor next year!
Weird thing about Nevada is all the wild Mustangs here. The golf courses have 2 problems here.... Mustangs and Antelope! I must say I have never heard of that before!

As Mitchel says... WAHOOOOO, to another great day OUT :) Thanks hun!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Fun! I love outings like that with the family!

Belle of the Blues said...

Love all your gorgeous pictures! Nevada really is beautiful. Nice job on the projects, too. =)

tsmortensen said...

Looks like a fun trip. Mitchel looks so happy in every picture! It just is so sweet.

Gayle said...

That looks like a lot of fun! We are going to have to come back soon and visit! It looks there are a lot of fun things we could do, not to mention the sushi restaurant! :)

Katie and Paul said...

Sexy sexy boots girl! And boots over the jeans...so stylish! I asked Santa to bring me a pair of boots similar to those! Next time I'm there lets check that city out it looks cool!