Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Camping Take 2

Not only did Cory and Mitchel catch fish, but as they had a stringer of their loot in the water Cory spotted something coming out from under a stump and tagging onto his fish... come to find out it was a 'Crawdad'. Weird looking little lobsterish looking critters. So Cory being Cory, grabbed a stick and went to town catching them too... I think he got around 8 totalThe 'other' loot Sophie and Mitchel were fascinated with them... but neither of them were brave enough to get too close... they do have some decent pincher's on them for being so little. And what do you do with crawdads.... well you eat them :)We threw them in a pot of boiling water........watched them turn red, de-shelled their tale's, dipped them in a little butter and ate them. I think Mitchel snaked most of them and told us they were great shrimp!
Along with all that fun, what is camping without a cute dirty boy and Marshmallows :D

1 comment:

tsmortensen said...

Sounds like you had such a fun time camping! Lots of great pics...and I am sure even more memories!