Saturday, December 24, 2011

Best Day Eber....part 1

This year 'Santa' came to Cory dropping off a little package of love so that we could make the trip back to Idaho to be with family for Christmas....because honestly family is the best part of Christmas! We were supposed to have the week, but because of Cory's work we had our 7 days trimmed down to 5 days (2 days of travel) so really we had 3 days and we have LOTS of family in Boise... So we calculated it out... Friday (travel), Saturday (Christmas Eve...my family), Sunday (Christmas Day...Cory's family), Monday (my day with my Mom), Tuesday (travel home)... busy, packed 3 fun filled days! So this post is Christmas Eve with my side of the family. It was great because my brother (who informed us that day) told us that he and his family were going to be moving back to Canada so it made this Christmas a little more to have it with them all there! *** Just to warn, there are LOTS of pictures!*** Mitchel and Reagan... these two love each other and when they get together you really can't separate them... well until another boy comes a long for Mitchel :) We met up at Paul & Katie's house for our 'traditional Klassen's Breakfast', which was amazing, followed by some Christmas cookies that my mom made every year and I haven't had for 11 years... they were DELISH! Cory being the cooking pro he is took command of the cookies and did an AMAZING job getting them just perfect!!! Ya... just look at the look on both of these boys faces... totally trouble!The DELISH cookies... they truly are mouth watering, yummy!!! So many memories this day it was truly just what I needed!Mitchel was SO excited to have his Papa around, who doesn't love 'the Papa'! Kara & Cory... just a little note with this. Kara is Brett & Rebecca's youngest. When Rebecca & kids came to chill at our house this summer so we could go to the Convention Kara wouldn't give Cory even as much as a smile, let alone let him touch her. And so when I turned around and saw this I had to capture the picture!!! They are buddies now, but honestly what little kid couldn't become Cory's buddy! Like I said we had a planned day! First the breakfast, then cookies, off to the movies, then home for gingerbread trees! Mom had asked me if I could think of some kind of Christmas craft for the kids. No one had done gingerbread houses yet this year so I thought this would be perfect. I HATE the houses, but I LOVE these trees and so did the kids!I just love this picture and all those cheeks... great creations kidos!!! After all that sugar the kids started wrestling around and well Cory couldn't resist his child like instincts and well I think the pictures say it all... the kids LOVED it!Then we had some Christmas Carols...beautiful and and enactment of the Christmas Story told to us by Reagan acted out by everyone else. It brought a beautiful spirit that children can bear so beautifully. And onto our gift exchange! They all LOVED the Jammie's from Nana & Papa!! Who wouldn't...then it was trying to convince these little sugared, excited bodies that it's off to bed so Santa can make his drop :) I needed this Christmas, this day. To be with my family and remember all that we have. All that has been given to us all because the birth of one man, my Savior.

the Merriest Christmas to You!

No comments: